The private lesson format is often the most suitable format for training your dog. Private lessons are offered at our facility or in your home within our service area. Below are the private lesson programs we currently offer:
Evergreen School For Dogs Foundation Program
In this course, we focus on training specific behaviors that are most important to you. We also focus on finding solutions to any problematic behavior you may be experiencing. This course is completely customized for you and your dog. Behavior modification and developing your dog’s skillset are the focus in this course.
- Includes 3 private lessons and lifetime access to our online training course
- If you are unsure if this course is the right fit for your dog, you can sign up for an initial behavior consultation.
Adventure Dog Program
This program is designed for the client that wants to achieve off leash control with their dog in a variety of environments. One of the focus points in this program is to have the dog perform
reliably under many types of distractions.
- 7 Private Lessons, 2 group classes/activities & Lifetime Access to Online Training
- Lessons are held in a variety of locations including the facility, in your home, and in public
- This program generally takes about 12 weeks to complete This program is designed for the client that wants to achieve off leash control with their dog in a variety of environments. One of the focus points in this program is to have the dog perform reliably under many types of distractions.
Fast Track Day Training Program
In this program, our trainer will do a large portion of the training for the owner. This program is great for busy owners that want to see rapid results with their dog’s training by having a professional trainer jump start your dog’s training for you.
- Lessons are conducted in client’s home or in public meeting place if necessary
- In this program, Tommy will be doing the majority of training himself for the first two weeks. The owner is free to observe or not. On week 3, Tommy will begin teaching the owner what he has taught the dog in the previous 2 weeks.
- Program Length 3-4 weeks.
- 3 Lessons on week 1
- 3 Lessons on week 2
- 3 Lessons on week 3 with each lesson being with the trainer & owner together
- 1 Follow up lesson on Week 4 with owner and trainer if needed
- Includes full access to online training course ($179 value)
Examples Of Various Behaviors That We Work With In Private Lessons
- Jumping Up
- Leash Pulling
- Separation Anxiety
- Unpleasant House Manners
- Inappropriate Chasing/Nipping
- Nuisance Barking
- Destructive Behavior
- Guarding Food or Objects
- Leash Reactivity (Barking at other dogs, people, bicycles)
- Aggressive Behavior
Examples of Topics That We Often Cover in Private Lessons
- Walk on Leash Without Pulling
- Come When Called
- Crate training
- Position Commands such as Sit and Down
- Leave It
- Handling exercises
- Enrichment Activities & Games to Play With Your Dog